Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

10/4/11 Disappointed

Just a couple of disappointing things: 
After Mass this weekend I overheard a cancer patient telling an acquaintance the following: "I just don't know why but I am really craving starches."  I wanted to engage her in conversation about why that was happening but it was not a situation where I felt she would be receptive of any thoughts or ideas that I would have had to offer. Sometimes you can tell by things like age and general disposition whether you can make a difference.  She was a sweet old lady that I know was not about to go against anything her doctor told her to do.

And, I noticed as I was washing my hands that I am currently shaped like Hilary Clinton in my pantsuit.  OK, maybe not that big and certainly not sporting the cankles but still looking frumpy.  What a long suffering woman, the powerful men around her maltreat her publicly.  Although neither of them are candidates that I want to support at least Bachman and Palin seem to be in great shape and not dominated by the men around them.  UPDATE:  reread this and realized that it makes me look like a liberal which I am far from.  I am very conservative and if freaking Romney gets the nomination I will sit on my hands.

What is up with all that? And what is broken in my life that I most resemble the maltreated individual?

No comments:

Post a Comment