Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Updates, yes I am still doing some form of work every day. 8/16/2011

Yes, I have been reading blogs but not blogging.  I have little of interest to say.  I am watching the controversy between Taubes and Dr. Stephan Guyenet with some interest but am of the opinion that carbs are dangerous in the wrong hands.  I know that they are in mine and that may still be related to the food reward.  I know that when I get into the carbs that I seem to have no mechanism to recognize satiation. So I do think that the whole thing is being overblown even by the principals in this debate.
Anyway, here is what I have been up to:
Everyday Movement Log:
Early AM on the BellaTour
Becoming Bulletproof Cross-body resets - 20
Walking lunges 40


Throughout the individual days I have alternated between pushups and overhead presses pretty much exclusively.
The Rico (DH) has been wanting to join the local gym as his Dad and Brother (the Davon) have joined.  So we have a membership. I have not used it yet but may go to learn to use the squat rack and the assisted pull-up machine.

Additionally, I have made an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon to get more shots in my knee and to have my arm/shoulder looked at.  I have been nursing an injury for months now and it does not seem to be going away.  I tried rest, I am now trying to work it out.  Neither seems to be the answer.
There it is... all I got for the moment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment